Sunday, November 8, 2009

Dolls and Bears

So here are the photos I promised:

Tiny Teddy from the book Sewing Tiny Toys.  The satin stitch on the nose didn't go quite that well, I've never been good at that.  But otherwise he's rather cute.  He has sewn joints (no buttons or anything, just thread) which I hadn't done before.  And he's tiny, about 2 inches tall when sitting.





And here is the doll from the Kate Greenaway Doll Book.  She is rather tanned because when I decided to make her that was the only vaguely skin coloured felt that I had enough of.  Her eyes are closer together than they were supposed to be, but it still works and I think this is the first time I've done a doll with yarn hair like that so I'm rather pleased with how it came out.

The dress isn't hemmed yet because that requires the iron and I wasn't going to turn the iron on today, what with it being 30 degrees and all!







On a separate note, I went to the Werribee Craft Festival today.  Was a little disappointing, but then I guess I don't really know what I was expecting to begin with.  It was a lot of "granny" crafts and things that weren't very exciting.  For example, there was three stalls of Cabbage Patch clothes and they are clothes that I probably would have thought were boring when I was a kid playing with my doll.  There were some gems there though.  There was a lady with dolls and bears who is currently featured in Australian Dolls Bears and Collectables magazine, with a doll I'd like to have a go at making, so it was nice to see some of her things close up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...