My fabrics for this week are from my baby elephant quilt. I wanted to take a break from the music quilt and figured I should just get on and finish the elephants (I'm almost done now).
So here is my block:
I'm not hugely keen on the colour combination, I hadn't wanted to much white, but sticking to my plan of using fabrics from what ever I'm working on that week, I didn't have a lot of choice because that was the only colour I had a wide enough strip left over. It's not actually stark white, it has a bit of a cream blend to it, same pattern as the brown and green but just not as obvious.
All those little green triangles make up a 1" square when sewn to the white triangles. I had a go at using the technique where you sew them together while they are still a square, and then cut then down the middle afterwards.
I think this made the job a lot less fiddly. Whilst my points aren't perfect, I'm pretty impressed with myself at the job I did do. Except for the seam which puckered while I was sewing the four large squares together. I couldn't be bothered to unpick it and try again, but maybe I'll get around to it before the quilt is sewn together.
Don't forget to check out some of the other blocks that people are doing over at the flickr group