Saturday, March 26, 2011

This week I'm grateful for....Soda Stream

I'm not a big fizzy drink fan.  I sometimes buy a 1.25L bottle now and then when we're grocery shopping, but once I open it, half the time it is flat before I've had time to finish it.  I'm just not THAT into it.

My husband drinks enough to make this a money saver, but for me, I love the fact that at any given time I can make a glass of ginger ale and not have to worry if there is one in the cupboard.  The 500ml bottles that we got for the Soda Stream are even better because that's just two glasses, which I can usually drink in the time before it goes flat.  And because we keep the plain bottles of water in the fridge ready for 'streaming', it's always cold!

YAY for modern appliances which make our lives more enjoyable.

What are you grateful for today?  Maxabella Loves is taking a short break this weekend, so you have to head over to her sister, MultipleMum at And Then There Were Four, to see what others are up to, and add your own link.

6 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is totally into the Soda Stream too! I am always reminded of my childhood when I see them - maybe they are making a comeback?

    Thanks for linking up with Maxabella's Grateful For linky on my hosting weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  2. O brings back memories and would totally love to get one! On the list with the thousand other things I want.
    Penny (Visiting from Maxebella's linky)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soda Stream takes me back to my childhood too. My Grandpa used to make red fire engines for us as kids and we loved it! I bought my husband a slushy maker for Christmas in 2009 - so retro. Love it!
    Popping over from Multiple Mum & Maxabella. Hello :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping that the named brands bring back their syrups as well. We used to love Irn Bru soda stream and Mum and Dad used to get the british syrups shipped over to Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember Soda Streams, they were a big treat when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen these at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and wondered if they were worth the price. I might have to check into getting one.
    I am loving my K-cup coffee maker. And my Cuisanart Ice Cream maker. And just about any gadget that makes my life easier and gives me more time for things I love.....like quilting. When my three sons were at home, I used a bread machine every single night. I set it to have fresh bread ready when we woke up (you could pre-program it). We woke up to the smell of hot bread. The boys devoured it with butter and honey or jelly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...