I used the Wee Weka pattern with gussets, which you can find here. The fabric packs that I had bought weren't designed for gussets, so I didn't have enough elastic to go across the front, but it works for now, and I'm still experimenting. I didn't make the pocket at the back, I just closed the whole thing up as if I was making a nappy cover. Some of the nappies I've bought previously are an "all-in-two" system from The Green Nappy Co, which is like a pocket, but without the pocket. You just lay the insert into the nappy instead of stuffing it into a pocket, so this is what I am doing with these.
So far it's been worn once and washed, but I need to make more (and more inserts) so they can become more full time.