I decided to 'risk it and do an all over stipple quilting pattern. I was a bit skeptical at first of quilting over the top of the embroidery but in the end it was easy, I just had to be careful around the lazy daisy and chain stitches as they got caught on the open-toe foot. I'm rather please that I did quilt over the embroidery, because I would like this to be a doll quilt for my daughter but was then worried about the embroidery getting snagged all the time. It's pretty much safe and sound under all that quilting now.
I ended up using a clear thread because any colour I chose would have shown up on the blocks or the sashings, and I didn't want that with stipple quilting.
All the fabrics came from my stash, except for the cream for the blocks. Consequently the backing doesn't really match the front that well, but the binding works for both sides and I don't think the dollies are going to mind.
I had originally thought to try my hand a decorative quilting, with flower designs on the corner stones etc, but lost confidence. Maybe next time.
Since this is a doll quilt, I figured I'd better try it out, so here it is 'in action'. This also gives you an idea of the size since I did it half-scale to Lyn's instructions.
Don't forget to go and check out the other Retro Nine Patch quilts in Lyn's showcase.