Monday, January 1, 2018

Hello again

I've been contemplating reviving my blog for a little while now, and a new year seems like a good time to start.  So I'll dive right in.

This year I have set myself the goal of ending the year with less than I started. I have databases set up to keep track of my fabric stash, which includes clothes I have kept/bought to upcycle, and sewing patterns with indicators as to whether I have used them or not. At the end of the year I want to have less metres of fabric, less items of clothes, and less patterns that I have never used.

My focus with sewing is firmly set on clothing these days, for me and my kids.  Hoping to fit more time in for hubby and extended family but we'll see what happens.  Last year my goal was to not buy any clothes that I could make.  I did a lot more sewing, and a lot less buying, but I did still buy some things.  Lack of time for sewing meant that I had to buy a few things for the kids out of necessity, and I bought myself a few pieces that I fell in love with.  It did make me really consider what I bought though.  And some of the items I bought I regret because they don't fit that well afterall, so that was a bit of a reminder of why I want to make my own.

So this year I want to turn a good portion of my stash into well fitting, well made and good looking clothes!

As it stands at the moment these are my tallies:

Fabric
Currently on database: 430 metres
On order awaiting delivery: 2.5 metres
On order (in UK) waiting for me to fill postage box: 8.5 metres
It's not absolutely accurate because my database tally doesn't include "lengths" of panels and some larger oddly shaped off-cuts, etc but it's a starting point
Total: 441

Clothes
Currently on database: 126 entries (some entries are for multiple, similar items)

Patterns
Currently on database: 326 total.
Those marked as unused by me: 201.  I'm not sure if this is accurate, some I feel like I've used them but can't remember.  I'll have to dig them out and see if they're cut or not etc, so this figure might get updated.

I think I was going to write more here but have been distracted by kids too many times so I guess I'll have to remember it later

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...