Monday, January 15, 2018

Rosy Skulls

This is another project that has taken a while to come about.

I saw this Blooming Skulls fabric on Little Fabric Boutique in June and HAD to have it. I checked a patterns and decided I could get a shirt out of 1 metre. Also this became my introduction to AfterPay.

In September, The Australian Curvaceous Community Sew-along Group's theme was Spring, so that was the perfect opportunity to make my shirt.

I was using Butterick 3389, view A


Cue the six muslin shirt!!

I had to do a full bust adjustment, which I've recently realised is what's been missing from my sewing the last 25 years! I also had to allow for my belly.  I did my initial FBA, on the princess seam, and made a muslin, which was a great starting place but so far from right.  The princess seam ends at the 'corner' of the neckline, which created some difficulties. I ended up reshaping the shoulder portion of the neckline too, to make it sit right.  As well as this, I had to add length and reshape the back darts.
After the 6th muslin, I decided it was good enough. I think I'd still fiddle it a bit more if I made another one but this is great for now.


I had to buy the lining fabric for this, but the skulls were in my stash, so that's 1 metre less for the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...