I made the curtains about a year ago and hung them up to see how they looked, and to make sure they dropped before I hemmed them. My curtain making book says to hang them for a week, but I thought I'd leave them a little longer just to make sure. Well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
I had run into some trouble though, which held up the process a little. I've added a separate lining to the curtains, even though the fabric is backed. This is a westerly facing window and so will get the direct afternoon sun. I don't want the room to heat up too much in the summer since bub has to sleep there, and especially considering that she goes to bed before the sun goes down. My first attempt at adding the lining didn't sit very well. I'd tried to make the lining the width of the window (like I'd seen a picture in my book) but it never really worked, it pulled away at the sides etc. So I re-did the lining with 1 1/2 times the width of the window. It seems to work much better now. The curtains themselves are about 2 1/2 times the width.
I might head into the sewing room now and see what else I can find some of my missing mojo.