Sunday, January 1, 2012

Challenge Yourself - A New Year


You may, or may not, have noticed that I quietly skipped over Challenge Yourself December.  I reached my November goal, but then my life took a different focus for next few weeks and I haven't done much in the sewing of late. So much so that the doorway is now rather blocked off my boxes of books where we were sorting out the study!

Next week my mother and niece are coming to visit, so I have to clean up the sewing room so we can all fit in there.  I know there is a cutting table in there under everything!  This, combined with the hand sewing I've been doing in the last week is starting to bring my sewing mojo back, so what a good time to set some goals.

So for January, these are year long goals.

My specific, measurable goals are:
  • Finish the Birdie Stitches quilt top (and maybe see about quilting it or having it quilted)
  • Finish all my Civil War blocks
  • Make a quilt top out of the Civil War blocks
  • Complete the Free Motion Quilting Challenge
  • NOT take on any block of the month type projects which last the whole year
  • Complete all my Inchy Hexagon Flowers for the swap on time
  • Make a charity quilt (I've had an idea lurking for years and it's finally reach a practical solution)
  • Start working on my Tail Feathers quilt

My more vague and not quite so measurable goals are:
  • Use up more of my stash (isn't this everyone's goal?)
  • Make some more of the Desperate Housewife's blocks
  • Do more dressmaking
  • Use my industrial sewing machine more.  The Monster is not feeling the love at the moment

I would also like to run a block of the month/quilt-a-long type project but I'm not going to set that as a specific goal because it's waiting for creativity to strike first and you can't always rush that.

So that's my list of crafty goals for the year.  VERY achievable I believe.  I should print it out and stick it on a wall in my sewing room to remind me, especially for the non-measurable goals.

What goals are you setting for yourself this New Year?  Link up below and share your goal to inspire others, or to get some support yourself!



2 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! And yes, I think we can all relate to the stash one, lol. My goals are to ignore all the darling temptation in blogland and work on my own patterns - wish me luck, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals Karen! Look forward to watching you progress through them all!!

    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...