Saturday, June 11, 2011

There's a Puppy in my Sewing Room

The puppy top is finished, just in time for my May Challenge deadline.  I would have had it finished a few days ago except that I attached some of the rows in the wrong order and had to undo them.  I hate unpicking.  If you look closely you can probably see a lot of the loose threads still all over the quilt.

I'm really pleased with the result although I am a little disappointed with the colour relationship between the sashing/cornerstones, and the green print in the nine-patch.  I guess that's what I get for buying fabics online and not being able to lay them all out together before I commit.

And since I never got around to taking a photo of the dinosaur quilt till now, here it is too, creases, loose threads and all!  I might put together a pattern for it later, since it was my own design.

I've now got a month and a half to quilt them.  I have a few other little quilts waiting to be quilted as well (one is waiting for fabric on order) so I might try and have a backing/quilting/binding session soon and get them all done together.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my those are too great - the puppy is really cute and I love the dinosaurs, yes do a pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great kids quilts and I'm sure will be loved despite the fact that you are not happy with some of the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New web site is looking good. Thanks for the great effort. Puppies for sale near me

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...