It's done using paper piecing technique, which I haven't tried before. I'll document it more when I finish the bag and do a proper write up, but at first it looked fiddly but in the end I think it was rather an easy technique. I did it using vilene underneath. I'll have to try another one actually using paper and compare.
This afternoon in a fit of inspiration, I also started work on my idea the Monthly Design Challenge over at Finki.
I'd had an idea in mind for a few months now, and then when the theme came up as Turning Japanese, it was the perfect motivation I need to get my design happening. A visit to Lincraft on Friday night to socialise with a friend involved the discovery of the perfect fabric, so then I had no excuse!
So here is a sneek peak.....
Now I just have to make sure and finish it before the end of the month!!