The pattern that was supposed to be finished at the end of July is all done! (but it's a surprise still)
My Retro Nine Patch quilt is finished in time for Lyn's showcase. She said we can post pictures if we want, but I think I'll wait till then to show you all. In the mean time, here is a silly sneak peek. Since it is destined to be a doll quilt for my daughter I figured I'd better try it out with a doll!
My hexagons for August have been posted off and here are my September ones ready to go sometime next week.
My Block Lotto is all up to date, I even remembered to email my sneak peek block pictures to Sophie (but obviously I can't show you yet...)
I'm still a bit behind with the Civil War blocks, but since I've made five blocks this month I'm not so far behind as I was before.
I've finished another whole Birdie Stitches block. For the sunflower centre and the birdie chest I decided to use a lattice stitch I'd seen in a magazine a few months ago. You make really long straight stitches across the whole area, and then do tiny cross stitches over all the intersections. I love the effect it gives, seems to jump out at you more than back-stitch does. I think I'll try and use this stitch again some time. I might have to design an embroidery pattern specially!
And lastly was my Wee Folk quilt, which I posted about earlier in the month, but here is another photo just because.