Sunday, February 25, 2018

So, that was a fail

Between house guests and not feeling well, it's been a little over a week since I've done any sewing.  I feel a little lost in my room now, not knowing where to start or where to go.

But the other week, after making my Lucky in Love bralette, I wore it for a whole day.  I declared it a success! At 3pm I needed to do a readjust/lift and separate but otherwise it felt comfortable and I hardly noticed it.  Because of this, I decided to have a go at making one with powermesh for more support.

I also decided to use the Lucky Lingerie back and band, rather than the Lovesick parts because the Lucky sits lower and feels a bit more "bra" and a little less "crop top" (in my size at least).



It looked pretty nice and felt good when first on, but I spent all day adjusting it and catching straps from falling down my shoulders.

Back to the sewing table for this one.....

I'm going to compare it to the first model. I might need to tighten and reposition straps, as well as adjust back size/shaping.  I think it also needs top stitching to sit better at the front.  The powermesh is a bit stiff and tends to roll.  But I'm glad I didn't do it on this one now that I need to unpick it and try again!

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...