Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Fleur Delacour monogram embroidery

My friend is putting together a costume of Fleur Delacour (from the Harry Potter movies) and asked me if I could embroider the BB monogram on the front of the tracksuit.

This is the first time I'd made an embroidery design from scratch using my Embird software.  Previously I'd only ever imported existing embroidery designs and altered them.  Okay, so this was only two letters on an angle but it's a start!

My end result:

We tried using metallic thread but it just ended up white because the gold stripped off the thread as it was being sewn.  I think I might need to get 'metallic' needles or something for using metallic thread.  In the end, this gold coloured thread looked fine.

I'm rather pleased with the result if I do say so myself!  It's so great to be able to make something so 'proper' looking with what I already have at home.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea to create Fleur Delacour's clothes. Your embroidery is so elegant--just perfect.
    best from Tunisia,
    nadia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks heaps again Karen. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...