Friday, May 27, 2011

I'm a fabric addict

who isn't?

I recently discovered the new Wee Folks range by Ingrid for Moda and decided I had to have some.  I usually end up buying these sorts of fabrics when they're on the sale table and at the end of their run.  For once I wanted to have something when it was 'new' and everyone was still excited about it!  So I ordered some and added some other things to the order so that it was worth the $14 postage from U.S., but then found out that the store I had ordered from was out of stock.  By this stage I was really looking forward to the rest of the order as well.... so I was forced to go ahead with that order (and switch in something for the out of stock Wee Folk), and then go elsewhere to get my Wee Folk!  This also meant that I could pick up a few Bella Solid charm packs to go with all the charm packs I have waiting to be used.

So here I am with lots of new fabric.
Wee Folk and Bella Solids from Green Fairy Quilts

Modern Workshop by Oliver + S, Ready Set Snow by Me and My Sister, Just Wing It by Momo charm packs and Rainy Days and Mondays by Melimba & Beccabury for Riley Blake fat quarter pack from 1 Choice 4 Quilting
In trying to find the link for Rainy Days and Mondays, I found all sorts of other Riley Blake fabrics. I really should learn to look past Moda when searching for new fabric.  I guess it just becomes easy because they're everywhere!

So now that I've got this Wee Folk fabric in it's prime, I figured I'd better do something with it quick smart too!  I've started my plan and here is a sneak peek
I have a vague goal of finishing it by the weekend, but we've got a pretty busy one coming up so maybe it will be early next week.  Actually I think I need to buy some backing and binding fabrics to finish off the entire project.  Oh, dear, what a shame, more fabric shopping!


Post 4 of 9

3 comments:

  1. As my father in law used to say, "I feel so sorry, but the tears they just won't come!" More fabric shopping. If I lived close by, I would offer to come support you when you go! :o)
    The fabrics you bought are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for drooling all over your post, lol....can't wait to see what you're working on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, your little charm packs look wonderful!!! Look forward to seeing what you create from them!!! Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...