Friday, September 16, 2011

Birdie Stitches June

Although I feel like I've hardly spent any time in my sewing room lately, I have managed to catch up on the June block of Birdie Stitches (although I'm rapidly falling behind on September!).

This one sat on the backburner for a while because I didn't like the idea of putting the year into the quilt.  This quilt is destined to be my daughter's Big Girl Bed quilt, if she likes it.  I wont finish the quilt this year, and this year isn't when she was born or anything like that.  I had contemplated putting her name, but knowing my luck, if I did that, she'd tell me she didn't like the quilt!

I was looking through the Birdie Stitches flickr group the other day to see what other people had done with this block.  Someone had included the word 'dream' and I thought that was rather nice.  I consulted with my husband, he's always good at things like this, and he suggested the word 'soar'.  It kept with the birdie theme and has a great motivational meaning too.  So once that was decided, I finished the block rather quickly.

I really enjoyed embroidering the cursive writing and am thinking I should include them in my other work a bit more.

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! You've inspired me to check out the Birdie blocks. I've been seeing them for a while now, but I really love what you've done here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GORGEOUS = I love the words you chose! I enjoy doing cursive writing too, it's just easier to embroider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful embroidery Karen! A lovely block!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...