Thursday, September 15, 2011

I [heart] Fabric

Just after I posted about my August solids arriving, my September bundle arrived from Pink Chalk Fabrics, along with the February bundle I'd ordered to catch up.
February was I Heart Pink and is a collection of Kona Cottons.  The September bundle is called Apple Cider which is more Kona Cotton and a Bella Solid thrown in.  I love the way the fabric in these bundles look together so I'm storing them together rather than separating them out into colour groups.

The day after the above fabric arrived, an order from Fat Quarter Shop turned up, which I'd ordered some time between the August and September solids club.  I follow them on Facebook and they're always posting about half price specials.  The other day I decided to click on it and found the specials contains some great blenders and other cute things.
The top two are Shipyard Organic range, the black one is from a range called Sketch, then all the rest are from a range called Smirk.  The last three fabrics are quite fun, yes they are cats all over the black fabric!

Also in the mail this week I got my 'participation award' from Lyn for completing her Retro Nine Patch.  It's some lovely fabric, buttons, a sewing machine brooch and some wooden dressmaker models.  I'll have to think of something really decorative to use those models for in my sewing room!  Thanks Lyn!

So lots of shopping recently but not so much sewing.  I do have a few projects underway....

Something for Halloween

And some chickens

5 comments:

  1. Oh, my character is being seriously tested every time you show us those lovely solids bundles: jealousy! What truly lovely fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics!
    I also love the Halloween squares and the chickens. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chickens! Too cute! Where did you get the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love solids too! The colours are wonderful and I agree they look great all stacked next to each other! Lovely generous 'award' from Lyn, some lovely goodies there!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you got some gorgeous fabrics...and what a lovely gift from Lyn! Love those dressmaker models. Your Halloween blocks are looking good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...