Friday, January 28, 2011

How many projects can a person do at one time?

So I found an excuse to talk myself into doing the Birdie Stitches block of the month!  I have a once a month craft gathering with my friends and hand sewing is best so we can all sit around the family room.  I don't have any hand sewing projects on the go at the moment, so I decided I could do the BOM and each time we meet this year I can work on the stitcheries.

I've decided to use the Me and My Sister Favourites (by Moda) jelly roll that I bought from Green Fairy Quilts a while ago.  I'm using plain white for the stitchery backgrounds, and have only altered the recommended thread colours slightly, choosing colours a shade brighter to go with my fabric.

So stay tuned for monthly updates on that one.  I need to go now and iron my fabric after prewashing, and cut out a square to start stitching tomorrow.  Not sure if I'll get time tonight to put the border on it, but I'd like to get all the borders done at some point before I have to do any of the following months stitcheries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...